View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Yep the one on the left is what i use. Easy to setup and no getting tangled up.

Just wished it wasnt such a pain to get worms or minnows so often. Dont really want to go in the store to much re: covid as im compromised health wise.
Maybe ill try shrimp see what happens till i catch my next sucker.
I started a worm farm finally, see how it works I guess, I have a 30 mile drive to buy bait.
rig on the left is what Ive used for a lot of fish and a lot of years, just upsized it to handle my sturgeon now. I dont use sliding anything, I tie my hook snell on with a simple loop tied at each end one hoop goes through the hook eye over the hook then pulled tight to attach the hook, make sure the line is out of the hook joint or a big fish can pull hard enough to cut your line, the other loop I interlock with the same thing on the main line, just an overhand tied loop. Foot to 2 feet above the end of the line, where I use another loop to attach a length of lighter line, to my 50 to 80 pound braid. Usually a foot or so of 20 pound fluoro leader since theres one in my backpack weight tied directly to the lighter line with a couple overhand knots, dont need the strength of a fancy knot its supposed to break if it needs to. Ive caught thousands of fish up to my size on this rig and I still trust it. easy to tie with cold wet hands and bad eyes too. The one in the pic I just tied the weight to my main line, I know that area well and there are very few snags to get hung up on. not the norm for me though I prefer the breakoff weight. retie it to the light line now and then the bottom abrades the fluoro eventually. rig may not be for everyone but I like it and use it to each his own I believe out of 642 lake sturgeon approximately 641 ish were caught on this rig

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich