View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Great point but I have to respectfully disagree , my take is that the anti's have lost more ground in the last five years than ever. With all the provinces raking in record amounts of income from hunting and the shooting sports there is no province with the possible exception of Ontario that has any appetite to tighten gun laws. Even Quebec is spending a huge amount promoting the province as a hunting destination.

There will be no ground gained by the anti's in tough economic times, while I am not saying we can relax the evidance is clear the anti's are not gaining ground with repect to broad gun control. They will however milk the use of assault styled weapons in recent killings to score some points. That is why in earlier posts I mentioned it is important for us to be part of the solution rather than precieved as part of the problem.
Well, the polls have Mulcair at 33.6% & he has sworn to bring back the LGR. And while I do agree that hunting is being promoted, some politicians just don't care. They plan to see their ideas go ahead no matter the cost, the antis definitely have a friend in Thomas Mulcair.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/04/09/m...-gun-registry/