View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Great comment, sadly there are just too many levels of gun enthusiest's it's clear even in this discussion, some are just never going to be happy if there are any gun laws, some are happy with the current system. I am an admitted moderate, I don't have a problem with the current gun laws, I am also not opposed to revisiting hot issues with respect to additional regulations, for that I was called a supporter of Hiltler and Stalin, if that isn't extreme almost beyond belief then what is it. We are both gun owners but we will never be on the same team. I for one could never stand beside people that have zero tolerance for another persons opinion. So there in lies the problem, opinions on the extreme end just could never be tolerated by the moderates and visa versa. We truly are our own worst enemy, the anti's have no need to employ a devide and conquer srategy, we are more than happy to do that for them.Hell we cannot even all agree the LGR legislation was positive, for some the glass will always be 1/2 empty.
I generally don't support the Hitler accusations and such. What's more I am very tolerant of other people's opinion's up until the point where their opinion tramples on certain rights I have. And when I say rights, I don't mean imagined rights, as in right to healthcare, other peoples money etc. I mean the right to protect myself as i see fit so long as I don't harm other people (other innocent people). I have heard people on here talk about how they can beat up 2 other people so no need for a gun...fine for them. They're tough guys, bravo. My old man always told me there is always someone bigger and stronger. So when these people come on here and call anyone that wants to CCW a coward, paranoid etc, who's doing the intolerance dance?

Someone coming on here and telling me that their "opinion" is that I shouldn't be allowed the RIGHT to protect myself with a handgun, is an opinion that shouldn't be tolerated. It is tantamount to having the opinion that being black does not entitle one to the same rights as a white person. These are absolute rights, not rights that are subject to one's "opinion". Every person has the right to equal treatment regardless of skin color, just as every person has the right to self protection.

Myself, if there was CCW in Canada I seriously doubt I would ever carry, I really see no need for it in the majority of situations I find myself in...save for the odd fishing trip down creeks, or even grouse hunting in bear country. I might have a handgun in my truck or something like that. THAT does not mean that I or anyone else that isn't a criminal should not be allowed to exercise our right to carry. This is a right that has been TAKEN away by people who are of the opinion that their fellow citizen cannot be trusted. People that would rather disarm and forfeit that right to the government. I did not forfeit that right, other people did.

Sorry you feel that I am intolerant of your opinion that you should be allowed to disarm me and my fellow citizens. Some things are not subject to compromise and are not to be tolerated by people who have an understanding of liberty.