View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I have heard people on here talk about how they can beat up 2 other people so no need for a gun...fine for them. They're tough guys, bravo. My old man always told me there is always someone bigger and stronger. So when these people come on here and call anyone that wants to CCW a coward, paranoid etc, who's doing the intolerance dance?

Someone coming on here and telling me that their "opinion" is that I shouldn't be allowed the RIGHT to protect myself with a handgun, is an opinion that shouldn't be tolerated. It is tantamount to having the opinion that being black does not entitle one to the same rights as a white person. These are absolute rights, not rights that are subject to one's "opinion". Every person has the right to equal treatment regardless of skin color, just as every person has the right to self protection.

Myself, if there was CCW in Canada I seriously doubt I would ever carry, I really see no need for it in the majority of situations I find myself in...save for the odd fishing trip down creeks, or even grouse hunting in bear country. I might have a handgun in my truck or something like that. THAT does not mean that I or anyone else that isn't a criminal should not be allowed to exercise our right to carry. This is a right that has been TAKEN away by people who are of the opinion that their fellow citizen cannot be trusted. People that would rather disarm and forfeit that right to the government. I did not forfeit that right, other people did.

Sorry you feel that I am intolerant of your opinion that you should be allowed to disarm me and my fellow citizens. Some
things are not subject to compromise and are not to be tolerated by people who have an understanding of liberty.
who me, at no time did I state I could take two men I simply stated I would give no quarter in the face of poor odds.
secondly, I stated guns turn cowards into men of action. I did not call anyone a coward.
every one speaks of the right to carry a hand gun . where is this right. next they state god given right . cant find that one in the bible. the only place I find reference to right of arms is in the US constitution.

our country went to war in order to maintain a separate set of rights with absolutely no influence from our southern neighbors.
the posts on an other thread have been twisted to suit one person view and taken in a context not directed at this thread.
can some one please point out the last time a canadian could legally carry a hand gun concealed or open .