View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 AM

I have contacted Todd Zemmerling with information provided to me in casual conversations with others about systems that worked elsewhere.

1) at Spring Lake near Hythe, AB a vacuum truck on "blow" kept the lake alive over one winter.

2) a fellow fisherman told me of a "backyard engineered" aeration system utilizing a jet ski pump, a small motor Plus suction and discharge lines kept two lakes alive in Ontario. The equipment was featured on the Discovery network.

I also told Todd that pretty systems weren't gonna solve this winter's problems. Quick and dirty would. Leave the pretty designs to an engineering firm. Biologists are not trained for these type of problems.

Winter is coming - sitting and talking is just not cutting it.

I expect the ACA will deliver a competent action plan detailing both short term and longer term items to be presented at the Fisheries Roundtable. The plan must detail time lines and deliverables.

Further, ERSD similarly shares responsibility here. The loss of the aeration lakes are going to replaced with WHAT! After most of the local lakes being perched, there isn't a whole lot left. So I expect that they MUST PROVIDE AN ACTION PLAN to fix the lake trout fishery.

Failure by either the ACA or ESRD to deal with the issues in our trout lakes must result in some type of remedial action to one or both groups.

Regards,

Don