View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraarchr View Post
The"Helluva time cycling" reminds me of some loads that were jamming onto the rifling on my Sharps......and pulling the bullet out of the case when I was trying to eject the loaded round.
This^ OR if the loads are going into the chamber nicely and you have difficulty removing the fired brass (as in sticky/tight bolt) you have an over pressure situation. Or maybe it's a combo of the 2 - You're actually seating the bullet on the lands, maybe even tight on the lands, and this will cause a high pressure situation as well.

Another thing, are you measuring your case total length? If they're too long, the neck bottoms out in your chamber under pressure and results in the neck clamping down of the bullet causing an extreme overpressure.

A different matter - where some of your inaccuracy might be coming from, when you're using used brass, always weigh the brass after all your trimming, cleaning, resizing is done. I've seen it where there can be 20-40 grain difference in weight from one lot to the next. What that ends up doing, is it changes the internal volume of the case which affects accuracy. In a 308 case, IIRC I usually end up with no more than 2 or 3 grains difference.

And always de-burr the flash hole. Some have said that de-burring the flash hole can be the simplest and largest gain-in-accuracy step you can do.