View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Thanks for the report.

Just wondering, did you try slip bobbering. I have found some success with this when things are as you suggested. I anchor up wind a fair ways and let the slip bobber drift into/through them.

Can I ask how big the pike were?
One of the guys on the trip (a member here) did the slip bobber thing pretty steady all trip and caught some fish - but also had a few slow periods.

We could sight fish the walleye in a few areas and they simply didn't seem interested in much of anything. I could drop a jig and minnow right on his beak and he'd swim away disinterested.

The biggest pike of the trip was under 10 lbs - so nothing spectacular but most seemed quite healthy. Quite a few in that 4-5 range which keep you interested anyways.

The weather, as I mentioned, sucked. Lots of rain and wind with a few sunny periods but the water cooled off the day we got there, pressure dropped and the fish seemed to "turn off".

The more I take note of wind direction, water temp and barometric pressure the more I believe these are major factors in how active the fish are.

We worked pretty hard to land fish on every outing and covered some serious water.

At the end of the day we caught fish, shared a few good meals and had some laughs. That was the highlight ....... and of course .... the new guy getting pushed off the dock into the water ...... that was great too.