View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:33 AM
AO Sponsor

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If you put a machine in your box where do you put the coyotes that you catch?
Oh valid point Davey!!!

My poor old 2003 dodge has 785,000 on it now and looks it, even tho I have spend much time doing duct tape bodywork around the fenders. Tailgate is dead and is held shut with two weather beaten tarp straps. Inside of the box, ya it looks better than outside the wheel wells, but is ugly. I’m thinking flat deck time. Then if I build some ugly sides up off the flat deck then I could even do double day trips with the extra bed space and increased wall height. Lill’ trapper tedbert manages to get 90 coyotes on an 8 foot box on his “take em to tedbert” furbuying runs with sideboards! Maybe I could have two Alberta world record days and get 110 coyotes stacked on the thing. (I think two Sask world record days is only 90 coyotes or something silly like that)

Oh yes.... machine... coyotes...

So machine goes on the back, guess a guy could pull a trailer and lock it up so no low life could come and steal. You just don’t know what kind of lowlife one might encounter when he’s out snaring a ways away from home! A truck full of $100 bills just waiting to be skinned surely would be quite a temptation for some folks out there... especially people that like to pretend they catch a lot of coyotes!!!

So obviously enclosed and hope it’s low life proof!!! I pull a nasty trailer when I drag sled all over the country. Flat deck tho so the catch was always exposed.