View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:21 AM

I'll try my best to not over think it. LOL.

What a great way to practic the old skills from long ago,,, for those that choose to that is.
Perhaps it is things like this that brought me back into shooting sports.

My pals and I built lots of iron silhouettes back in the day, we'd drag them out West and plink away for days, weeks, and months.
We got into the 4" balloon stuff that fall at 500 yards "pron" with bypods,,, it was practicing skills for Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep back then.

Any ways, some days things worked out good, other days not so much. The weather beat us up pretty bad a few times,,, high winds, cold frozen rains, and the odd early fall winter snow storms along the Eastern Slopes of Alberta and British Columbia. LOL.
And this was before the Sheep harvest.

I did ok at this, but my Harvesting partner had it mastered, he could plow threw that snow all day and put the drop on any thing he want,,, he use to say he was the craps at this free hand stuff,,, our other friend Harold was the real deal when it come to free hand critter getting. Dam he was smoooooth with steady hands.

Some folks just have it I guess, but I never turn down practicing wizer shooting skills when the opportunity comes.

Variety as I like to call it, the something to do.
One never knows if something like this will improve the game Harvesting skills later on down the road.
I know I could benefit from trying this.

That's the fun part in it for me.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 12-05-2017 at 06:27 AM.