View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Hello???? Canucks fans'???? How did you enjoy last night's game?? I know, you're gonna come on here and say it was only pre-season, you didn't dress some of your better players, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Still, the result was an 8-2 drubbing. Results like this are sure gonna help the rookies build their confidence for the regular season, and while I don't suspect we'll finish as high in the standings as the 'Nucks, the Oilers will be the most exciting team in Canada.

And yes, Kanon, the Flames do suck.
Yeah that one was painful. I was at the game. The Canucks have not looked sharp this preseason but I'm not too worried at this point.

I do think the Oil fans have tons to look forward to this year and I don't believe they'll finish as low in the standings as many people are saying. I think they have a real chance at being this year's Avalanche. There will be lots of highs and lows during the season and as long as the young guys can handle those and end up being pretty consistent then I think they may surprise some people. One big question mark for them will be goal tending. If Khabi is back in net fairly early in the season and they can fend off the injury bug that was so devastating to the Oil last year then they'll be a far better team this year. The big bonus for oil fans is that even if they do have a bunch of injuries and don't get very good goal tending then it'll still be a pretty exciting year. Those three young guns are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

The Canucks will be fine. I hope.