View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
Cat... I'll try and find a ref for you. I think I've got it in "Military Mausers of the World". Apparently it WAS used as a grenade launcher, infrequently, but there was a device that threaded on that was a "bullet Splitter". The Swede's had wooden bullets in their blanks and this device split the wooden bullet. LOL Makes for good cut n crown practice though.

I did one years ago (Article was published in "Alberta Hunting and Fishing" if you remember that mag) It was gonna be a "Trunk Gun". First ordered a nice stk blank from Don Robinson in Kelowna. Then I figured I should do something 'bout the step so we machined it down nice and tidy. Then figured might as while rechambre it to 260 Apex (6.5 x 57 imp) and swiss cheese the mag box. Well ...might as well put a Timney Gold trigger in it and put on a wizzy bolt handle.......Nice stock so got a guy to do a nice five panel checkering job on it. Drilled and tapped, put a Leup 3-9 x 40, fireformed 100 rds of brass and now it looks real purdy sitting in the corner.

Probably the most expensive "Trunk Gun" ever made.
Remember the magazine?
Hell I remember the ARTICLE

Last edited by catnthehat; 02-17-2009 at 02:29 PM.