View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 02:25 PM

I just spent a couple of days working on mine. The plumbers will probably laugh but I took out a shower and moved a sink. They do not make the older plastic lines anymore. But they do make an adapter that joins the old plastic lines to the new type of plastic lines. What you do is insert the adapter and squeeze a pinch clamp to seal them. You wouldn't think it but the adapter has to go in a specfic way. I put in everyone backwards and when I turned the water on I had water everywhere. Still trying to dry out the insulation in the floor. One end of the adapter is designed for the new pipe and the other end of the adaptor is designed for the old pipe. As a guy at another store told me go to the orange store they will rent you the crimping tool. I went to the orange store and at rental they bent over backwards to figure out what I had done wrong. A fellow from plumbing came down and took one look at the plumbing I had brought with me and knew my mistake. go figure. Adapter in the other way now no leaks.