View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hunter View Post
From my personal experience I would definitely suggest Tundra
I bought my Tundra in 2006 (07 model) and currently has 440,000 km and it still runs great ( pulled Trailer and run it in oilpach for 5 years) It's not great on fuel ( I support AB oilpach like new Fords BUT doesn't break down like Ford.
My neighbor has Ford 2018 F150 and it's great on fuel, but only problem is that he is driving loaner vehicle from dealerships ones a month since his truck always breaks down
What I am trying to say is if you want to save on gas buy Ford every few years
Or if you want to save save on repairs ( and save money) buy Toyota
Interesting since my 2018 has been in the shop for an oil change and carpet recall. 10 speed with eco boost and max tow is awesome for towing anything a half ton is meant to tow. My 2001 f150 has been in the shop for an alternator and other than that regular maintenance like spark plugs, brakes and shocks. I’m sitting at 203000 miles so what’s that 324800 km give or take? I never owned a Toyota truck just 2 of their cars over the years. I’ve owned 4 ford trucks and none of them owed me anything when I was done with them. First was an 89 f150 no idea how many times the odometer rolled over no major issues second was a 96 ranger with 320000 miles with a fuel pump and alternator and I still own my 01 and 18 f150.

To the op, try them both and see which fits your intended use better. I would take advice given by internet hero’s with a grain of salt when I’m making a purchase of 30000$+. Everyone says Toyota reliability yet I’ve never had any of the problems people say are common with fords and that’s pretty much all I’ve owned.