View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Are the Oilers better now than before the trade? Yes. I wouldn't say a bunch better but they are better with Keith in the line up.

The big question is was the price tag too high. I think yes. I get what Holland said about not squeezing too hard as it will get around and make it hard to deal with other GM's. I am not too worried about Jones not being on the club as he wasn't a regular anyway. I am just worried about the over 5.5mil against the cap for 2yrs.

It's a start now find someone to play on McDavid's wing and a better goalie combination then we are talking. If we start with Kosk and Smith it won't be the end of the world but we do need to get better in goal.
My thoughts on this are how much do you pay for the experience Keith has not only on the world level but in the NHL playoffs. The Oilers are lacking that leadership and experience. The team was dismal in their playoff appearance against the jets. I can't help but wonder if they could have gotten deeper with a guy like Keith in the line up. Experience costs money!

BW