View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Default It was fun

Tried my arse off this weekend to get a bear to the ground. Saw more bears yesterday than I did all season, one grizzly, a small colorphase, and a bigger blackie.

Sat in the treestand in the sleet for 8 hours, and just about died. Next bear treestand will be big enough for a small blind for sure. Saw the grizz in 324, on a lease road. He was on the move and fast, not too far from my bait site.

About 3 minutes later I encountered the small color bear. Had a shot at him, but he was in the bush about 150 out, and all I could see was his head just peering my way. I dropped to prone, and put my scope on him. I waited to see if he would pop out of the bushes, but instead he bolted.

With 20 mins left of legal yesterday, I saw some movement in the trees while in my stand. 60 or so yards out was a big black bear moving away from me through the trees. Only saw him for about 8 seconds, until he left my view. I waited for him to come back for about 10 mins, before I jumped out of the stand and went after him. Found his tracks, but he was gone.

So to wrap up spring bear 2010, I had an awesome time. Thank you fellas for all your advice, and answers to my questions.

To answer yours DMcKay, the bears were active yesterday with all the sleet and rain in our winter wonderland.