View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Banned

pete, not sure where to start, its as if your running into the crossbow conversations here for the first time...poachers are poachers and almost the comments made by those people your talking about are hilarious...they want the crossbow because they think it will do all that they say yet they don't have a clue....this is the exact crowd who will be flipping them a year later when the find out its still bowhunting....unless that is they fall in love with bowhunting like many of us do/have....any rate there were the comments or questions from the uninformed and then the same from those who want to poach....you still have to deal with a downed moose which i would think would be much harder and larger worry than actually shooting it with a gun or any kind of bow...gun shots are dismissed pretty easy...i hunted 338/339 during archery seasons and heard average 3 shots a night when i camped there looking for a moose with bow...tell me thats not discouraging....anyhow...this takes the discussion way off topic, poaching will be done by anyone who doesn't want to follow the rules and they'll use whatever tool they want....the crossbow is available to buy at any shop right now for anyone who wants to go do a little poaching

rest of your post is like i said....you need to read the main crossbow post in the hunting section....its a sticky near the top, then you'll be up to speed and maybe do all hunters in alberta a big ole favor and educate some of those not so informed people you run into the reality of the crossbow as the world needs a lot less ignorance