View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: crossbows

"Have there been any studies to show success rates with crossbows?"

Internet search...there was a beauty discussion on ABA a year or two ago and lots of excellent data but essentially the difference is so minimal it's not worth mentioning imo. I saw studies from several states that watched it pretty close and i believe there is a province or two that see no difference worth mentioning either. There's info all over the place as its been a hot topic over the past few years...continent wide.

Hey, did you score with your bow then? What makes you think you wouldn't have blown it with a crossbow? I've played out certain scenerio's where i think it would have helped me also but i still got what i was after anyhow, the hunter was still in the right places at the right times. Only a certain percentage of guys will be in those positions and generally they are gonna score with either tool in their hands. A good hunter is a good hunter...you can put a rookie in the right spot with either tool and their just as likely to blow it...same as how many rookies get beat by buck fever even with guns in their hands.

B