View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: crossbows

"Just me being jealous of the people who get to hunt a longer season than me "

We would all probably have different reasons for choosing either bow...the hardcore go for the traditional equipment because they want that challenge. I would like to see them as i think they are a neat weapon and i'd like to use it coyote calling etc. from time to time(you think its hard to draw on a deer...try a coyote) and to also be able to take people i know into the archery seasons who aren't going to be as dedicated as me. I'm quite positive i would be much happier doing my own deer with my Switchback but one of the things i like to do is take new people(family/friends) and bows are a high practice item/sized to the individual etc. so you don't hand a trad or compound bow to someone else. As it is i have lots of bowhunting permission but zip for gun hunting permission, i managed to find a saturday to get my wife her first deer with a rifle last season but was a one time deal....if we had a crossbow then we could have had her deer alot sooner. Thats just me...i'd rather not have to try and find both types of permissions...i don't like Nov outside the bowzone...way too many yahoos running around for my tastes.

I can also see other reasons they are good, for those a little older and bad shoulders etc. to enjoy more opportunities afield etc.

Eitherway, the data supports it as a bow, regardless your reasons for wanting to shoot one weapon over another...its like choosing calibers....short fat for thick stuff, long skinny flat for the prairie stuff etc. same thing. Big picture...they are a bow.

B