View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: crossbows

"As for the crossbow being more accurate...not so. In top end 3D competition where the two compete side by side, the compound bow is traditionally the winner."

That is some very cool info! Doesn't surprise me...seen many a guy pick up my bow and try and hold it out...and think how hard it would be to hold it still. But when you draw it back to anchor its like a rock...i can hold my bow steadier at draw than i can a rifle freehand...i use guns for predator calling but very very rarely do i shoot unless off sticks.

The crossbow has its disadvantages. Better make first one count, good luck getting a redraw in time...plus noisier than bows so they are gonna booger off not giving chance at a second shot anyhow. Also, don't pick the thing up until ready to shoot, kind of like drawing the bow, don't do it until ready to go otherwise your gonna end up holding it for too long and start shakin like a leaf. Also, compounds are arguably better at long range as they carry the energy much further than the crossbows, bigger longer arrows lose less energy...they are probably equal to about 50 yrds but the compound will start gaining from there...if i remember right from the discussions. So as much as people think crossbows are good for 100 yrds, lol, nope, same ranges as compound....anyone who thinks different will learn pretty quick how much a 'bow' the crossbow really is.

B