View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Rackmastr

Default Re: crossbows

Quote:
With the technology in todays compounds myself, my partner and a few others we seen get into it were drilling good groups within a couple hours.
Exactly.....and compound hunters dont preach to longbow shooters about being in the same class of skill level. I can give a compound to a beginner and have him shooting good within half a day. I can give a crossbow to a beginner and have him shooting good within a couple of hours. I can give a longbow to a person and it may take him a week or more to become HALF as good.

Each tool is different, and neither is a THREAT to others. I'm not a bowhunter who thinks that the crossbow is a threat. Like I've said since my first post, I support it. I support all types of hunting, but I do see differences, and hate it when I see people advocating trying to lump everything together. I'm not threatened, I just like to see my vertical bow in a different class because I know there is a TAD more skill involved. Kill rates, accuracy, speed, is all garbage as far as I'm concerned. The more hunters, the better. I've just become profieccient in what I do and dont appreciate other weapons comparing as if they are identical in skill level required.

The muzzleloader hunter also doesnt want to hear how the rifle should be allowed in MZ seasons, and how they are so similar that they should be lumped together. Its insane to think that they require the exact same skill and should be lumped into one category of 'long guns' and I wouldnt appreciate it if I was an accomplished muzzleloader hunter.

Just my take...