View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: crossbows

"Blake,
Can you not agree that shooting off a bipod or shooting sticks should make the crossbow easier to master than the bow? Seems this point is always avoided."

Will have to rig a system up for in the treestand (and blind for that matter) . Would it be nice to be able to sit and use sticks or lay and us a bi-pod...sure would. But i can set up a portable blind or a treestand on any trail etc. and do it with my compound too. Would that make it a little easier for a guy like me...yeah. Does that let the rest of the hunters get into the exact same spots with the exact same game etc.? Nope, either one and i'll get the job done...it really is that simple. 99% hunter 1% tool.

When i first heard about this topic a few years ago my kneejerk reaction was 'hell no don't let them in...they are guns'...but i read, and read some more, i open mindedly listened to the arguments and made my own conclusions. Wasn't long before the stats showed enough to confirm those conclusions....in terms of archery seasons and its effectiveness etc......its a 'bow'. May not be defined as 'archery equipment' because its not 'held at draw'...fine by me....but in terms of bowhunting in archery seasons, then the seasons should have the name changed to 'bow seasons' to accomodate a tool that certainly fits in there alot closer that to any other season(including its own).

B