View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
sheep hunter

Default Re: crossbows

Quote:
Do you feel more confident in making a shot with a rifle or a compound? Lets be honest here......when you're shaky and you are at full-draw with a compound, there is no comparison to being on a bipod and looking down a scope. Sometimes I find that crossbow enthusiasts try to downplay this. Why spend your time downplaying it? Its a fact that you are more solid on a bipod....you have less movement....you have a scope......BIG DEAL!! Crossbows STILL have every right to be in the field hunting.
I've never seen a crossbow user shoot off a bipod or shooting sticks. I guess it could be done but crossbows are cumbersome and bulky enough already so I don't see a big advantage.

I think you are downplaying your skill level Trev if you feel a a couple hours with a crossbow could make someone as profient as you with your 13 years of compound experience. Yes, crossbows do have a shallower learning curve but there is a learning curve none the less. A very proficient compound shooter should be more accurate than a very proficient crossbow shooter. Competition bears that out time and time again.