View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: crossbows

"As for crossbows being easier to master...no question they are but I see that as a positive. I mean I'd rather have archers that are more proficient with their weapons in the field. When it comes right down to it though, it's the skill of the hunter that matters and getting within range is the real challenge with either weapon."

Imagine if we weren't allowed compounds(only traditional equipment)...how many deer would be running around with arrows sticking out of their necks and arses eh?:lol

Joking aside, thats an awesome point. After all considerations i can make...there is way more positive(way way more) than negative to the motion imo.

Yeah, you still have to get within range, still have to get a shot opportunity, still have to move and release the shot at the right time. Whether your sitting/laying/standing...those differences are moot....its still bowhunting...its still that difficult to even get a good shot opportunity. All it is is another tool we can play with if we want...to me it only opens more doors...its more opportunity in our shrinking sports etc. Its all good in my book.

B