Thread: Sundre hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM

i went today about 10-15 mins west of sundre but I guess i was up too high on one of the well sit roads cause All i saw were Mules. First thing in the morning I had a small buck and a doe but forgot my rifle was sighted in at 200 and missed high. by the time i got another one chambered they were long gone. Went down back to hwy584? and on the way out I saw a group of whiteys but they were just in a field off the highway. Not sure if it was private land or not it was beside a well site laneway and they were boarding a fence to a bunch of cows so as i suck at shooting i didnt want to get in trouble for downing a bloody cow and not a deer. It was my first day out alone second time ever and even tho i saw a lot of animals elk and moose included and didnt hit my buck, I had a ton of fun and am hoping to head back out sunday. I was told that whiteys tend to stay a bit lower. Any tips on finding out if its private land or crown? there were no trespassing signs in the section the whiteys were in but being my first year i dont want to end it by getting in a ton of crap.