View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
With Scotts additional info about permission then of course that then makes it fine, his original explanation left out pertinent details. As I already noted I'm fine with people charging their vehicles so long as they have consent from whomever pays the electricity bill. With what one witnesses about human nature its easy to see the potential for abuses.

Some people seem to have the idea that I'm against EV's, but they're misinterpreting my observations about the existing power grid and some aspects of human nature as being criticisms of EV's. I think EV's are fine, a good thing even though like anything else they have strengths and weaknesses. The big factor is maintaining user-pay scenario for the electricity they're using as well as figuring out a way for the EV users to contribute their fair share to road maintenance and construction.

I was thinking yesterday about some time in the future where young people might not know the frustration of starting a cheap 'high school car' with an internal combustion engine and a crappy battery in frigid weather. I guess I'll be jealous of them never experiencing that particular joy.....

One thing I find rather contradictory is that many people are blocking the Site C project are also proponents of EV's. Where do they think clean power comes from? I say bring on EV's and bring on Site C and other power generation capability.
I have to agree with you on the site C group. As much as I dislike the idea of damming rivers you can't play both sides of the coin. If you agree that electric vehicles are going to get more popular then the power has to come from somewhere. Once you start charging hundreds of thousands of EV's the power required will be massive.