View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

I can sympathize with the police on this one, but surely at some point a person comes to a point where enough is enough. To some its just a property crime, but to someone who has had stuff taken from him over and over again it gets to be a theft not just of property but of time spent working to attain that property.

I don't mean to come down on the police on this one, as I am sure that they must get just as frustrated at having to investigate the same jerks over and over again. But if there is no price to pay for theft then you can surely see why that would lead some people to shooting at someone who just tried to rob you.

I can assure you that I would likely never be able to shoot someone just for stealing something of mine, but I can damn sure sympathize and understand why someone would do it. The simple answer to all of this should be that if you don't want to risk your life getting shot then don't steal. We should NOT be sending out the message that the law is here to protect thieves from being assaulted and potentially killed. If anything, we should be upping the cost/benefit ratio for them. Theft has become a crime that is too easily committed with no real consequences to the type of people that commit them.