View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:40 AM

I believe in my country, and I believe in Canada. I do not believe in our court system. This is a precis of what happened to me a couple years ago.

So here is the scenario back in 2004

I am at work today performing my duties and at 1240 pm today, while dealing with a customer there is a man, 25 or so shouting profanities at people on the street and threatening them. He scares an older couple (65 or so ) off the sidewalk and right into oncoming traffic!! http://www.nwbombers.com/iB_html/non.../angryfire.gif Then he starts beating on a new Dodge 300M parked in front of my shop (my clients car to boot!) My customer then says i am gonna talk to him, and i said no bloody way, i am gonna go out there.. you stay inside. So i very calmly and respectfully ask him to leave the premises and he walks up 2 inches from being nose to nose and tells me he is gonna take me the F out...and SHOVES ME!!!! http://www.nwbombers.com/iB_html/non.../angryfire.gif ok... calmly juice... you gave this violence stuff up long ago.... i take a deep breath and inform him that he should leave or i will call the RCMP. HE SHOVES ME AGAIN! OK...no problems, i walk inside the shop to call the cops and HE SHOVES ME AGAIN! ok.... now my mother and 10 other people have witnessed this event and my Mom is shocked....she knows my temper and has a pretty good idea of what i am capable of, but instead, i turn away from him and move towards the phone, when out of the corner of my eye, i see it coming... a fist this time.... so i duck the punch, spin and (i am lef handed ) hit him open handed Aikido style in the center of his chest above the 3rd and 4th rib, grab him in a submission hold and drop to the ground landing on top of him.... next thing i knew i had help in restraining him (3 of us in all) my knee in his necks, james knee on his neck and both of us had his arms very well subdued (almost to the breaking point)
Took 2 cops to get him in the car.....they took everyone's statement (but mine Uh-Oh) and left... 1 hour later i had a statement prepared and went 'downtown' to deliver it (their request... i didn't volunteer and it wasn't exactly a request either) To make a long story short he has a 9" black bruise on his chest, he went into an arrest because of where and how i hit him) and is trying to charge me for assault causing bodily harm ...excessive use of force etc ad nauseum.
Fun Day Eh?
I gave up violence long ago, but when it comes to Family , Friends or me, and someone is threatening them....well, let's just say i get a little upset.... good thing i did not hit him with my strong hand..... FWIW i guess that could have been fatal worse yet he was on coke and has Hepatitis c as well (although thankfully i only suffered some scrapes from the takedown and a broken bloodvessel in my hand from the strike!
So now we will see if it is a court of law or a court of justice!
God Help Me!
Any comments, feel free to let loose!

The end result was that I got a complimentary 2 hr interview with the RC's about my 'combat training' turns out the guy had 'died' a couple times in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Worst part of the scenario (besides yours truly being treated like a criminal) was that he had previous warrants for arrest out on him, and he STILL ONLY served 1 year in jail!
(Drugs making him temporarily insane of course.. what a defence)

I believe Mr. Knight acted in the manner of protecting him and his family, setting a precedent for the thieves that MAYBE they won't target him next time they need to steal to support their habit.

Reasonable force will come into question, and on that account, Mr.Knight will unfortunately lose that legal test. That doesn't mean I don't sympathize with what he did, it's just the way the law is written.

Personally, I don't even bat an eye. An Armed society is a Polite society. An UNARMED society is a SUBJECT society. Subject to getting robbed, Subject to being murdered.... you get the idea.