View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorfanatic View Post
Just want everyone to be aware that a whole variety of stake holder groups including APOS and the AFGA and many more have already collectively decided and completed at least initial talks on mandatory harvest reports by recreational hunting. Mandatory meaning who knows what. And the scary thing is you and I provide data including what we used for weapon and how many days spent to success or failure; but in the end the interpretation of the data is in someone else's control. So your favourite hunt might show priority 2 harvest success 35% on 100 tags. Interpretation on that data could say that its too much hunting pressure or conversely non enough. Both are bad as far as I'm concerned since the first means tag reduction. The second means increase in tags but no change to obstacles that hinder success; like access to the landscape.

So aerial surveys are to be replaced with our mandatory harvest reports. Yet without the aerial surveys at least done every few years there is no way to know what the appropriate harvest rate is vs that of birth rates of the wildlife.

More people than just myself need to openly question this policy.
Who said mandatory reports would take the place of aerial surveys?