View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
This is the key part right here.

While the article outlines very well what could happen if nothing is done, very few people care compared to the whole population. I could walk into work and I bet 9 times out of 10 if I ask anyone that doesn't hunt what CWD is they won't have a clue.

Unfortunately unless people are getting sick or it bridges the gap to domestic livestock and agriculture I would bet nothing will be done. If it does bridge that gap its too late anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I think many people are overloaded with a wide variety of crisis's (both manufactured and real) that compete for their attention.

CWD, not being an immediate human health concern, is simply another looming crisis, to worry about another day.

I agree with both of your statements regarding human nature. That is reality.

In general, people have to be individually impacted or involved with the problem before taking action or simply taking the time to truly understand the concerns.
Providing educational sources and then Marketing them is required to effect change in this fact. Achieving success here is critical for minimizing the worst case scenario of CWD related harms to wildlife and society.

These types of observations are part of my reasons for starting this thread.
As always, I desired to share new information with the Alberta hunting community that directly effects both wildlife health and hunting as a lifestyle.
Next was to evaluate how people responded to this White Paper.
In consultation with the Wildlife Alliance, I have propounded for clear and concise information that answers/refutes the hunting communities questions, and Lots of Pictures too. In order to educate people that have no previous knowledge of CWD, there is a need to use the KISS principal.

Note that this paper is NOT that base product that is needed.

I'll say that while not the result I wished for, I did correctly predict that this new information would only be read by a handful of people that opened the thread, and would receive few replies. Likewise, for the most part I am not at all surprised to see who did respond here.

Good ol' Human nature. No point in fighting it.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."