View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
That's no different than a loan, until that car is paid off, you are renting it. But instead of a renting a portion of the car, with a loan you are renting the whole car.

Everybody's different, I maintain all my vehicles properly no matter if it's paid for or not. You're only hurting yourself in the end. All of my leases, I have bought out, and sold at FMV and came away with a good chunk of change. Whoever just turns in a lease, clearly doesn't understand how to work the system, or they just enjoy throwing away money.
Just like your house every mortgage payment you own one more stud in your house. With a car payment you own one more bolt with each payment. After 3 years of leasing you still own nothing but you have the option to own.

My friends lease their vehicle for work and write-off the expense and that is the only reason they lease. They hand them back and take a new lease at every lease termination.

I am a mechanic, you do not even remotely have to lecture me on maintenance. I am a huge advocate of proper maintenance and proactive repairs. All I am stating is that leased vehicles I avoid. Would I buy yours? Certainly, but yours don't come up for buy-back do they? Now do my friends vehicles come up for buy-back? Yes, yes they do.

Not arguing about maintenance, just stating that I have never met someone who intentionally neglects a vehicle they own, however I know a few guys that intentionally neglect their "rented mules".