View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
The 6 liter GMC gas is a reliable engine. As others said a gas guzzler though. I still have my 1998 454. Yes it uses a lot of gas but I don't have the maintenance issues of a diesel and I am not paying 20 cents a liter more for fuel. Sure a diesel would be nice but not all of us can justify the cost. I've seen the repair bills for diesels & in fact have put many hrs working on them. Nothing cheap about them. My turbo will never get sucked into my engine like my buddy's did at 19k.
I have never bothered to check my economy on my 454 in my 96 Sierra.
I just put fuel in as needed. I'm pulling some pretty big loads. 7 ton range on some of them.
Full load with 125 litres will get me about 260 km on a flat. Doing the speed limit.
I love hearing that engine kick in and rev out to the red line when I'm going up hill
Fuel economy? What's that?

I've heard the 6 when pulling is getting about 8mpg. And around 14 when not pulling.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!