View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Default Ya gotta try.

Wheatland says, "Of course Photo Radar is a cash cow. Great buisness idea. It is a volantary Tax. If you don't want to pay it...Don't Speed."

Wheatland, I too finally signed into this forum after reading it for a long time, so newbies unite or something!

But the whole point I've been writing about, and people seem to miss it somehow, is that I wasn't speeding. My vehicle was... Do I not let my wife drive my truck? Or my dad? Or my friend? We're talking 12K over the limit on a road with no cross-intersections in the area, going downhill.

And it's not a "volantary" tax, I didn' speed and I'm getting taxed for it.

Camshaft: I am going to plead not guilty, and that may be a waste of my time and the judge's time as you state. But I'd rather protest this nonsense even in a small way. I will try the charter defense (reasonable doubt) based on the fact that I have done due diligence in lending my vehicle as defined by the traffic act, we'll see how that goes. If I've done due diligence and have a statement that I definitely wasn't driving (my wife and I have argued that one through, she was driving) then I'll be curious to see what the judge says--in my mind that's pretty clear evidence that the crown hasn't proved me guilty at all... The judge here has made some interesting rulings in the past, decent guy. I'll still likely lose but it is a slightly different angle than what I've seen in the other cases I've read. I understand enough about law to understand what you're saying, but even if it goes against me then I've protested it, that's what being a citizen is all about.

And yes to Mr. Puffypants.