View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM

Default Time for us to demand aggressive Prescribed Burns in the sheep range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
I don't know if I'll see those burns happening in my lifetime.
Thats a poor attitude^

Write your MLA.
Write your stakeholder groups (SCI, WSFA, RMEF,AFGA etc.), provided you're a member of course...

Talk to the local Indian band members, surely they have the right to manage their land and wildlife habitat properly.

Make something happen!

As hunters and conservationists if we continue to roll over and let this incompetent wildlife management continue our sheep will be gone with the mountain elk.
Think I'm exaggerating? Then review the posted (AEP Website) harvest data and tell me why 11/32 WMUs experienced ZERO harvests? 7/32 WMUs harvested 3 rams or less! That means 56% of our sheep hunting zones have pitiful sheep hunting success, is it because we as sheep hunters are clueless or is it because the rams just aren't there anymore...?
I challenge every sheep hunter on here to spend time in any one of these zones a see for your self. What you will see is "oceans" of old growth forest choking out the sheep habitat that needs to be burnt. So that's why every conservationist in Alberta needs to demand aggressive prescribed burns immediately for the sake of the sheep and for the future of our hunting privileges. Cause guess what, as soon as these Biologists share some accurate and realistic survey data, and they stop lying about how "our sheep populations have been stable for 30 years". There's going to be pain in the hunting opportunity department and sheep will be on draw faster than you can say "Compassionate Hunting Model"
Rant over.