View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
I am fairly familiar with the lakes in north west Saskatchewan. There are very few drive into lakes that you can expect to catch huge jacks. If you can afford a fly in trip, I would recommend Cree Lake. There are some lakes that you can drive to that have big jacks. Lac la Plonge is one of them. I have taken a 46 inch, 30 pound jack there. They are, however, not easy to catch. Best bet for drive in lake country , for all round fishing, is Buffalo Narrows. Some of you guys will be shaking your head and thinking why would this fool give away his choice fishing lakes. Those guys may want to take a look at Google Earth Maps. Peter Pond and Churchill lakes are huge. These are not Alberta lakes. A couple of years ago another AO member posted asking for a recommendation for a fishing lake in NW Sask. I asked him what type of boat he had. He said a 12 foot aluminum. I advised that a boat like that was not suited for most of the really good fishing lakes in Saskatchewan. He indignantly responded that he had no trouble with it in all the lake around Calgary.

Ha I bet they had it named the S.S. MINNOW II.....