View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
Be aware that the road north of Beauval to Besnard lake is gravel. Sometimes the road is not in great condition. You definitely will want to give careful thought about quality of boat you pull on that road. You will suffer some damage from the gravel. It is blacktop all the way to Beauval. I would recommend Tinker's Lodge or Hanson's Fishing Camp on Little Peter Pond. They will rent you a cabin and a boat. I fished at Hanson's Lodge last spring. Lots of action for pickerel and jacks. Hanson's Lodge's phone number is 306 235 7803. If you call, tell Richard that Two Stitch Dave recommended his lodge.
For the record, on the way to Besnard from Edmonton hauling a boat, we have found it to be consistently faster with less wear and tear to travel to Prince Albert, then north on hwy2 to hwy165.

The total trip from Edmonton is about 60 or 70km farther to go through Prince Albert, but a constant 100kmh can be sustained for a larger portion. Furthermore, the section of the highway between hwy2/hwy165 to Besnard is almost always in better shape than the section between Beauval and Besnard. (the 10 or so times I have travelled through Beauval, only once has it been faster than a trip through Prince Albert, but I was an hour behind the grater)