View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnKokanee View Post
-- it is comments like yours, makes other people not wanting to post anything

-- it appears that you have never, ever fished any real fishing tournaments except some kayak thing on the coast and locally

-- if you fished both the northern and southern walleye tournaments you would know the facts about fish populations and the density of the fish

-- at one of the southern reservoirs just after the tournament had concluded, fish and game were doing test netting in only ONE area of the reservoir

-- at the camp ground they were question, they said, "based on today's results they "government" will make a decision about this reservoir, and the netting numbers were lower than the year before"

-- the tournament anglers had no problem catching numbers of everything during the tournament, even though it was a walleye tournament, jumbo perch and healthy pike

-- want to guess where they were test netting?

-- prime spawning areas for pike/walleye/perch, not surprising they said the results were way down based on the netting that day, spawning took place months previous, any surprise?

-- don't believe what you read!

-- and I have fished Wab, do you think I post and make up stories, and yes I have caught big pike, you just have to know what you are doing

-- my best pike lures are between 6 to 10 inches long, about the same size as your kayak

-- next time you what to insult someone, do it in person, unless you are one of those keyboard warriors, continue on

-- save your words this is a rhetorical comment

-- thank you
Fish and Game doesn’t do the netting. The methods section of the survey reports indicates that the net locations are randomized within depth zones. The timing of the surveys also coincides with the fall season and the breakdown of thermoclines and avoidance of events like spawning periods, etc. that create seasonal fish concentrations. Not being argumentative, just pointing out some relevant facts as I see them.