View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 PM

The first insult was your original post discrediting the people that actually know what has happened at Wab...

Quote:
-- so the big pike are still in any lake, just have to know where to fish based on the time of year
I cut out the rest but it was a long spiel about how if you are a hotshot fisherman like yourself then catching big fish anywhere isn't a problem...

Anyone that knows me knows I disagree with the netting procedures, especially for pike. There are tons of posts on here to back that up... In Wab's case they are indicative of what happened though(most significantly the drop in middle sized fish).

Fisheries argues the decline shown in the 2015 netting was within statistical error. They also claimed the primary cause of pike mortality at Wab is due to C&R fishing which to them was clear by the dead fish that were washing up on shore. Part of that may be true since the fish were starving at that time and they didn't even fight let alone have energy to recover... Here are just a few starving fish caught in a single day of fishing when things were crashing. I have a few hundred more photos from both before the crash and during if you would prefer to see some actual data rather than arguing hypothetically based on your fishing trip to a different lake...