View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
when i have free time i will show you, at hermitage have you fished the outfall, there is a ledge from the outfall underwater about 5 feet out, you cant see it so you might snag up the closer to the outfall you fish, that being said, cast a jig, any color will do, i use black though , fish on the left side of the outfall then look at the old plant there, cast to the right of it when looking then reel in very slow on the bottom ( you may lose a jig or two) but you will catch alot more pike and walleye, or you can try out from the outfall like 10 feet to avoid getting hung up on the platform, i will post pictures of the outfall for you.one second
Yup...I used to fish there also. Tons of fish. ON a pickeral rig I would often get double headers...pike/walleye or goldeye/walleye or goldeye/goldeye or walleye/walleye...with ling mixed in. Caught a dozen sauger a year there...but they are rare. Water goes up and down. Fishing just upstream of there and casting out I caught a beauty 8.5 lb walleye. My biggest ever.

I was also fishing there the year when the tornado hit. The clouds got dark and it started to rain so me and my brother packed up and headed over to the Sturgeon River...came back later that afternoon and all the trees had been twisted off. Scary.