View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Puma- Those are great words. Thank you.

I fear that I have made myself sound like an impatient, and entitled whiner. However, I'm just trying to state my frustrations, and hopefully get a few words of wisdom. I really appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to comment on this thread.

One of the things I know about hunting, is that there's always something new to learn about. I have not sat in a blind/treestand going on six years now. And I have learned that being patient, being quiet, and trying to limit movements, are key factors in succeeding. The hunt to me is not all about the harvest of an animal, as I have made it sound. I do my best to soak in the whole experience. And really cherish my time in the field.

When you spend two thirds of your time at work, it's always nice to get out in the field. Knowing the sacrifices my family goes through for me to be able to hunt, is one of the things that bothers me when I'm not successful. They miss out on time with me for two weeks at a time, then I hunt as much as I can on days off. So for me to harvest an animal helps make the sacrifices a little more worth it for them.