Thread: Hip replacement
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Dean, it's good to hear you're getting fixed up. It's kind of like bringing the old hot rod in for some new suspension.

You mentioned everything went well and quick.

Are there any pains starting to set in now? I've heard many times of things going well initially. Followed a day or two later by the real pain. Hopefully this isn't the case.

What are the plans now? Taking up dancing? Mountain climbing? Karate?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Surgery was the 29th of Nov, flew home yesterday Dec 2nd. Two hours at the airport and 4 on the plane plus one in the car from the airport home was a bit trying. Would have been a whole bunch less trying if I could have done this locally.

Still no real pain to speak of. The muscles got really stiff yesterday from so much sitting around, even with focusing on moving around fairly regularly too keep them looser. The first couple of days, 29th and 30th, they had me on 2 regular strength Tylenol every 4 hours, but it was more preventative than anything. I never did need any of the Delodid they supplied as part of the medication package. From Dec 1, I don't need to take any kind of pain meds, not even Tylenol, on a regular basis. If I start to get a twinge I will take one Tylenol and that pretty much takes care of it for the next 14 hours or so. Got to say I am greatly impressed but how well this went and how little discomfort I have. Biggest challenge right now is not over doing it. Physio lady was REALLY clear about the need to take it easy the first couple of weeks and not try to walk too far or too fast. She wants to see limis of 200 meters a day total first week, no more than 400 a day, second week.

My wife is really looking forward to us being able to go dancing again, it was something we both enjoyed a lot. Other bright spots are being able to travel so much more easily and get around out hunting better. I found it hard to go far this fall, plan to work hard to get back to my old form. Thanks for the good wishes.