View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
X3.....Well put, packhuntr. I have personally seen the damage commercial fishing has done to Beaver Lake. I watched as one net came up out of a bay, not the main basin where the whitefish are, and it was full of walleye and pike and some big perch. The guys netting told me I wasn't allowed to be there watching. I told them to F *** and continued ice fishing.
Now I don't know what you mean by you have seen the devastation done on Beaver Lake first hand ?? I personally was born and raised in that town,, and have fished Beaver religiously for decades and I will tell you this my friend the Walleye fishery is as good if not better than it ever has been. And thats no bull. That area of the province was founded on fishing and trapping to say they are not allowed to do it at all is unreasonable because they have proven that they can sustain both commercial and sport harvests. No they can not sustain it to what it was years ago but to some extent yes it can be done. Its funny for years we all got along up in those woods the sporty and the commercial guys,, its only now with all the influx of the outsiders coming in from the cities that we can not sustain them both,, I wonder who has the right ??? the families that have fished for generations or the outsiders that come in for the weekend and feel they have all the rights ??

Now I am not defending commercial fishing in every body of water believe me I am not but it does have its place.. Now again it is my understanding that Rattlesnake has been netted for years if the netting is so devastating again why is there still a viable harvest taken each year ?? And its not like its a free for all they are allowed a certain poundage to be taken and when it is its shut down.. Does it do damage I suppose but quit with the b.s that its all over get used to no more big whites !!! come on get a grip...