View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
They start with a small number of dead one day, the next day it is thousands then hundreds of thousands then millions. this been going on a week and only 150 dead, does not constitute a pandemic. They know it isn't a pandemic but they are playing it out as one, then will take credit for saving millions of lives, and that justifies gettin another few billion in grants so they can keep flying around the world and holding exorbidently expensive conferences and doing basically nothing meanwhile hundreds of areas on this planet have epidemic numbers of aids and many other diseases that they ignore because those countries are poor and don't contribute to the W.H.O. 'cause'.
Bush, you really need to do just a BIT of research. The WHO are not calling this a pandemic. Here is their latest advice on the outbreak:

"WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness."

This advice hardly seems like panic-mongering to me. Basically common sense. You seem very upset that they would even monitor the issue or issue anything. I'm not sure why that would be. You lost me on the rant about them flying around the world. Do you have a lot of experience with the WHO?