View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezam18 View Post
I have been offered a Burris Fullfield II scope with rings for $100. It is going to replace my “god knows what” scope that came with my 308. I’ve used the 308 scope(3x9) and it’s a decent scope, not not half as good as the Burris. My only other rifle I have is an old trusty SKS. I am really leaning towards using the old scope on it. I would get the Kodiak rail from cabelas and switch com using stripper clips to installing a tapco sks magazine. So since the 100$ for the new scope (with rings) is quite a steal, i think I can justify 140$ on a rail and magazine. Before I proceed I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with scoping an sks (holding zero, accuracy between 100-175 yards, ease of scoping). I know a lot of people are against “bubba-ing” an sks, but mine was already painted in snow camo by the previous owner, so it’s not like it’s a historical relic or anything. Just thought I would see if anyone else who has tried adding a rail system to their sks has any words of wisdom for me. Thanks.
Of course not.If your SKS is original military one and not modified as "commercial hunting carbine" by russian factory "Molot" (what we are getting here for last few years are modified carbines) then just keep it for another 10 years and if it still in nice shape you will sell it for a price of Garand and get enough funds for a good hunting rifle or even AR15

Last edited by sailor; 10-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.