Thread: Costco Bikes
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 10:26 AM

"this will probably be used on paths and the road almost entirely. Offroad would likely entail going off the curb. "

In that case, I would say not the right bike. If you aren't going to be riding down dirt trails (and I mean dirt, not nicely maintained gravel trails) don't get a bike with wide knobby tires. All it does is add rolling resistance and reduces traction on pavement. Also, I'm not a fan of front shocks unless you need them, just adds weight and future maintenance issues; problem is, you will have a hard time finding a mountain bike or hybrid without one.

Everything MK2750 said is spot on.

But if you want to go the costco route, maybe look at the Northrock CTM Crossover Bike. I don't know much about the low end Shimano components, but Tourney seems to be par for the course for that price range.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.