View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
And a thread like this is somewhat of a generational thing reflection on the demographics of people here.

Many would rather grow their own tobacco and smoke their lungs out than acknowledge the fact that there are people out there, of all ages and socioeconomic levels, that lead a healthy active lifestyles and enjoy and pursue outdoor activities.

A previous poster said "NA needs to catch up to the rest of the world on this issue".

Some attitudes here suggest Alberta needs to catch up with the rest of NA.
LOL...Yes it might be a generational thing. Since I retired this year I end up spending a lot of time on a local ski hill. Funny thing is I'm 55, but end up sharing the chair with a lot of guys (and girls) that are older than me (many are better skiers !!). I also have a decommissioned rail line below my house that runs for 50 kms. They've cleared it and really put it out there as an attraction and it's seeing a TON of use. Locals, tourists, walkers, and lots of bikers. Yes many of them are even older than me. There was some bitching and whining about spending a few bucks on the trail initially but now everyone talks about how great it is. That old saying from Field of Dreams, "If you build it , they will come" is frequently very true.....even some old farts may show up