Thread: Costco Bikes
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
"this will probably be used on paths and the road almost entirely. Offroad would likely entail going off the curb. "

In that case, I would say not the right bike. If you aren't going to be riding down dirt trails (and I mean dirt, not nicely maintained gravel trails) don't get a bike with wide knobby tires. All it does is add rolling resistance and reduces traction on pavement. Also, I'm not a fan of front shocks unless you need them, just adds weight and future maintenance issues; problem is, you will have a hard time finding a mountain bike or hybrid without one.

Everything MK2750 said is spot on.

But if you want to go the costco route, maybe look at the Northrock CTM Crossover Bike. I don't know much about the low end Shimano components, but Tourney seems to be par for the course for that price range.

ARG
Yep...I deliberately didn't put a pair of rox shox on my front end...my buddies all had them because they were really hard core riders... but living in Vancouver, and working in the downtown eastside, it was a must that I kept my bike as neutral looking as possible. I took all stickers off my bike and the parts.