View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:04 PM

sorry if someone already mentioned it (i stopped reading after first page of comments) but one of the local favorite spot in the RDR around drumheller is the rosedale bridge, just walk past the first pillar under the bridge ( pretty shallow), then walk straight out towards the rosebud river merging and cast a lure (i love using 5 of dia spoon). Some GIANT wallys from there. Another good spot is just past east coulee, theres this island when it gets shallow enough, u can actually just walk onto the island there and have caught some big goldeyes wallys lings pike (a big one somehow snapped the hook off of my dads spoon ) lol.

I also see alot of people fish down by newcastle (straight across river from 18th street in midland). I live in midland so i fish on the midland side (caught a few 5-6 pounder wallys )

a final spot i should mention is the train bridge by 25th street midland (across river), caught a nice sauger there earlier, but the land there is owned by someone (luckily their grandson is a close friend of mine lol haha), so i fished there once in a while

hope this helps