Thread: SD card issues
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNOutdoorsman View Post
Hey guys, has anyone else had any issues with SD cards? I review my pics, then delete them off the card. Sometimes when I put the card back in a trail cam, it says card full. when I look again on the computer, the pics are no longer on there but still says card full on the trail cam when I insert it. Anyone else have this issue?

thanks for any insight.
When you delete pictures it doesn't actually get rid of them. It allows you to rewrite over them. You think they are gone because once you delete it doesn't allow you to see them. If you run a recovery software program all your old photos will be recovered.
The issue is that, just like in the 'olden days' of VHS, you could tape over and over on the same tape, but eventually you lost quality because of information confliction.
With a digital memory card it means that you stand the chance of data confliction that does not allow the card to operate properly.
Don't know what camera you are using...but most tell you that you should regularly format the card (I do this on a monthly basis). Formatting actually does completely reset all the card registers to factory empty.