View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbb View Post
Well seems to me that i may have struck a nerve with a couple of you. Thanks again. I do share the same passion for hunting as you two, and hope that your cross bow are still used during rifle season. So get your guys togetther form your self and assocation and do the work the same as the aba has done for the past history. Dont just jump in and tell people that you want anew weapon in seasons that they have fought tooth and nail for. Join the aba convience them and other hunters why crossbows should be allowed. Rob go out get your cross bow cock it lean it against atree out side for three minutes set it down. Walk back in your house pick up you compound or recurve pull it back hold it steady for three minutes. Then tell me which one would of been easier to shoot. Jamie where in alberta can you send for your crossbow annual, no where but i can get you a alberta bowhunter assocation memebership. Thanks both of you for making clear that i will keep shooting a compound , because i still do enjoy the challenge.
LJ. exactly what you have said is part of the problem. The Archery season is not the sole domain of the ABA. Its not YOURS and YOURS alone. It belongs to all hunters in the province. Your sentiments are exactly why I think its a very selfish stance.
And for the record, I do not own a X-Bow, but I did Bow Hunt. I doubt if X-bows came into more favor, that I would go out and buy one. I just think it is ludicrous that they are not included in the Bow Season.

Jamie