View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Won't take the bet huh? C'mon take the friggen bet, put your money where your mouth is.
No need chef, do some homework, my mouth runs this way because I did tons of research on he subject years ago. It's a win argument for me, u can come up with all sorts or scenarios and make bets but u can't get around the fact they r the same in the field. Ie; there is data like this echoing all over the place where they play together. This was one year studied in ohio...

"Of the 155,000 archery participants, 70,000 used a crossbow, 55,000 use a vertical bow and 30,000 used both. Of seniors who apply for and receive a free license, 4,000 used a crossbow, 1,000 used a vertical bow and 1,000 used both. Success rates for 2001 were identical for crossbow hunters and vertical bow hunters at 14%."

All these deflections, perceived advantages etc. R simply hot air....reality is another matter. It's a bow in the name of hunting. They rarely get away from 1 to 2% of each other in percentage stats.

But it's still a couple months to hunt time, I do believe we all have better things to do than see if one guy can kill a deer with a crossbow before a compound guy...like...kinda pales in comparison to just one year in Ohio studied for exactly the sort of info u r looking for. There is only one main reason to keep it out...it's very selfish driven.

U see chef, when I first heard about this I had the knee jerk reaction many do...no effin way. But silly me and my open mind, decided to learn the full story...there we r, I can't unlearn it, there is no going back...it's a bow. Alberta can disallow it anywhere sensitive, late season sheep, or antelope, or whatever but the majority of our bow seasons maybe all...the percentage to users will run moot between compounds/crossbows so more tool options equals more people have a choice that suits them better...it's only about that, choices. Nothing more. No threat, no problem, no advantage.